Master Inkscape, the most popular, free vector graphics software.
With over ten hours of instruction in 119 videos, this course covers all of Inkscape's tools and features as well as providing hands-on, practical assignments. The progressive assignments help you master the skills and concepts taught in the video lessons.
The course culminates with a major project - the creation of a colorful layout for a fictional board game. This project is approached one element at a time with students creating their own copy of the design.
Every tool in the Inkscape toolbar is covered in this course. The pen and node tools are the most important to master, as they are the heart of vector graphics. Additional lessons explain the most commonly used operations such as: path operations, bitmap tracing, cloning, tiled clones, clipping, masking, patterns, offsets, and live path effects. Several filters and extensions are demonstrated as well.
The skills acquired learning Inkscape will be useful even if you eventually transition to another vector graphics program such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. The core functionality of all these programs is quite similar.
Inkscape works on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, and it's free.
What you’ll learn:
- Master the basic tools and concepts essential to vector graphics
- The pen and node tools will no longer be mysterious or frustrating
- Become familiar with all the tools and features of Inkscape
- The skills and concepts learned will carry over to other vector programs such as Illustrator
- Gain the skills and confidence to create original vector graphics
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- General familiarity with computer software such as saving and opening files
- A desire to learn vector graphics
Who this course is for:
- Students young or old who want to learn to create computer graphics using vector software
- The course and assignments contain wholesome material, nothing objectionable to younger students
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio
- Raspberry Pi Certified Educator 2016
- Teaching experience: Columbus State Community College Adjunct Faculty Computer Dept.
- Teaching experience: Landry Academy, online homeschool academy
- Video Course Developer: OSTraining
- Freelance computer programmer
- Freelance web designer/developer with experience in Joomla, Wordpress, Processwire, Foundation, Bootstrap, UIKit
- I homeschooled my three daughters through high school.
- Author of the Sonrise Stable series of horse books for kids
- I love learning - and teaching! In my spare time I enjoy driving my cart pony, training horses, hiking, and tennis.