Creating computer graphics is fun! It's also a useful skill in today's world. This course uses GIMP, the most powerful and popular FREE graphics software. The tools and concepts covered are common to virtually all graphics programs.
The course is very hands-on. When a skill is demonstrated in the video, students are encouraged to pause the lesson and practice until they can perform the same operation.
The suggested age range is 12 and up, however younger students with good computer skills, or who have the help of someone older, may enjoy the course as well. And certainly, many adults will appreciate the gradual progression and detailed instructions, as well.
** Now including a new section on the latest version of GIMP, 2.10, with its new themes, icons, and useful features!
- Use all the GIMP tools to create a variety of fun and useful graphics projects
- The skills acquired will make learning any other graphics software easier.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- You should be able to operate a computer at a basic level, things like running programs and saving files.
- GIMP graphics software is required, but free. Video instructions are provided for download and installation.
- Sample graphics files are provided, however you may use your own images as well.
Who this course is for:
- Students 12 to 13 and up who desire to create computer graphics using the FREE software, GIMP
- Beginner adults who might be intimidated by a more rigorous approach to graphics software
Start3. Using the Paintbrush and Saving Files (8:02)
Start4. Painting an Outlined Image Using Layers (12:21)
Preview5. Layers, Tigers, and Bears – Oh My! (10:34)
Start6. Fill a Layer With a Solid Color, Pattern, and Gradient (8:20)
Start7. Fill Rectangular and Circular Shapes With a Solid Color, Pattern, and Gradient (8:38)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio
- Raspberry Pi Certified Educator 2016
- Teaching experience: Columbus State Community College Adjunct Faculty Computer Dept.
- Teaching experience: Landry Academy, online homeschool academy
- Video Course Developer: OSTraining
- Freelance computer programmer
- Freelance web designer/developer with experience in Joomla, Wordpress, Processwire, Foundation, Bootstrap, UIKit
- I homeschooled my three daughters through high school.
- Author of the Sonrise Stable series of horse books for kids
- I love learning - and teaching! In my spare time I enjoy driving my cart pony, training horses, hiking, and tennis.